World Watercolor Month, Day 5



You know what I just realized? I have been painting for five days and I only did a tree as the focus of my piece on day FIVE. That has got to be some kind of record for me!

Of course, I've been relying heavily on blues, as is my wont. I think tomorrow, no matter what I end up doing, I'm going to stay away from blue.

So, today's little experiment. Well, although it's bragging to say so, I've got to tell you that I made this stunning background. Seriously, it was so gorgeous that I almost just posted the background and called it good. But then I decided it needed a tree on it (well, that was it's purpose); so I plunked the tree down and in so doing completely obscured it. Alas.

I wanted to put a little critter hanging out of the tree or peeking around from behind the tree trunk, but I was too tired by the time I got this far.  

This one, once again, I was trying to push the water around with my brush and a teensy bit of color (so unlike my acrylic work on fabric which is all about layering on thick swaths of color); although after I completed 10 - 12 greens, yellows, blues, reds and browns for the leaves in that tree, you'd never know that I had only used a "little' color. 

Anyway. Here it is. Day Five. 

This is EXHAUSTING. lol

:)

Kit Lang

No comments:

Post a Comment