Working at it...

I've been working on a number of things concurrently the last little while; a couple of pieces for SAQA, a commission, and research for the next couple of commissions







The first is a tiny piece for the SAQA Spotlight Auction in Lincoln, Nebraska.

I started with my sketch as I always do.  The pieces all have to be a particular size, and then will be mounted with a frame of a particular size, which is reflected by in the lines of my sketch. I had to make sure the focal point fit in that frame.

Then I played with some paint to get an idea of what I wanted to do in terms of colour.




And then I translated that to fabric:




These little pieces are particularly difficult for me. I find the small size challenging, and the brief, impossible. An "opportunity" to "show who you are as an artist" in 4.5 by 6.5 inches.

Really?!

Anyway, this is the beginning of my attempt!


And seriously - there is soooooooooo much going on in my life right now - I feel like I should tell you some of it, and perhaps I will a little later. 

But first, I'll show the very tiny finish. Tomorrow. :)




Kit Lang

2 comments:

  1. Wow - that *does* sound challenging. This background looks fabulous, though. Looking forward to seeing where you went from there. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynette! I'm going to post it later today! :)

      Delete