Trying something...

EDIT: So, blogging from my phone with the app didn't work. Bizarre spacing, and the picture didn't attach!
So, I had a bit of a conversation with someone on FB today about blogging *waves* and she directed me to a site where the person talked about why it was important to blog every day. (Austin Klein)


There were some links in that article, and more links in that one (and so it goes); the most interesting of those (to me) was one called "Is Blogging Dead" (short answer: no - it's just changing from the way oldies like me think blogs work.) Anyway, the upshot is that I'm going to give it a try.


I don't know if I'll have the discipline for a daily blogging practice  (it's benefits are supposed to be for me, btw, not for my audience, although one can hope you'll like it!); but I'll start with a promise to myself to make best efforts.




This is the back of a little piece  (1 of four) I spent some time last  night setting up for stitching.

Although I have some larger projects on the go, I've been taking a break from them for awhile and wanted to do something to get my head back in the game so to speak. 

I'm also trying to get back into a better studio practice  (insert eyeroll at myself here) and be more disciplined about it.

Perhaps writing every day will drive the work (for content) and vice versa.

Who knows?

Not I.  Lol

Talk soon I guess! :)


Kit

Kit Lang

3 comments:

  1. Daily blogging is really going some. Margaret Cooter manages it but there is no way I would have enough to say ( the day job isn't going to creep into the blog!) but good on you and don't beat yourself up if it doesn't quite work out.

    And yes, lots of stuff around about blogging dying. It's up to us to keep this lovely friendly communication alive I feel. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret Cooter is a blogging marvel. She seems to have so much going on all the time and keeps that camera clicking away!

      Delete
  2. Well, since I'm the one who directed you to Austin, I had to look at that link about blogging dying. ;-) Was relieved that his professional take buoyed my own feelings about blogging. I agree with Seth Grodin that the more one blogs, the more one's mind starts thinking about what to blog as you go about your day, or your studio practice. I have the camera right there in the studio with me so it is easy to stop for a few seconds to capture some step or whatever I think might help illustrate what I might blog about. I realized awhile ago, I was verging on photo journalism with my blog, and I think lots of pictures draws and keeps readers and encourages comments, but readers like content too and you provide it. At any rate, good on you for deciding to give the daily blogging a go, even if I'm not following your lead (just completed my second post of the year). Maybe think of it as one of those 30 day challenges and see what you think at the end of that time. Whatever you decide in the end, I know I am going to love seeing frequent posts from you. :-)

    ReplyDelete