Merry Halloweenie?

If you follow me on in IG or FB, you've seen these already, but I promised I'd do a process post, so here it is!

A couple/three years back I was doing a commission for a collector and and we were testing backgrounds for a large piece. I did a bunch of 5 x 7 inch tests (mostly pinky sunset/sunrises), photographed them and forwarded them to the collector. He chose the one he wanted, and we went from there. 

(The photo above is my initial sketch, a headless deer, and fabric glue EVERYWHERE. lol I posted it to my IG, and Lisa Chin, replied "Oh deer" lol - which became the name of this piece.)

 (Deer has a head again, and it's in an embroidery frame, ready to go!)

I had all of these tests of painted acrylic on wee canvases, but didn’t know what to do with them, so I tucked them away.

Cut to, I was at IKEA this fall, and happened to notice they had all of these small, fat frames on sale for $10 each. I wasn’t positive, but I thought those little tests would fit in them quite nicely (even though IKEA frames are European sizes, not North American sizes, so they’re always slightly off); so I grabbed ten of them and brought them home. 

It turned out that if I put some stuffing in the inside, the opening of the mat was just the right size.

(Making progress!)

Since then, I have lost and found the frames, and then the tests, and then the frames, and then the tests. Lol

BUT, as you know from my last (?) post, I did a studio reorganization recently, and found the tests, AND the frames, and had them both at the same time! Miracles never cease. Hah. 

(At this point, I felt like it was done-ish. But the more I looked at it, the more it seemed to be missing something!)

So I put them on my worktable, and found some time recently to start playing with them. I thought I would offer them up as inexpensive holiday gifts. :)

And as you can see, it needed just a little more grass, and a little pop of red!

This piece has already sold.

Talk soon!

Kit Lang


  1. Someone's thoughts can be so beautiful that we hardly thought but today we are seeing that your thoughts are very beautiful and I am very glad to see that you have written your thoughts your post is one of the best post which one One in a thousand can write, you are indeed a great post writer.
    Call Girls In Sector 29
    Haryana Call Girls
    Escorts Service In Manesar
    gurugram meeting girl
    bikini girls in gurugram
    Escorts Service In Sector 58
    Call Girls In DLF Phase 2
    escort service in gurugram
    Gurugram Russian Escorts
    Sector 24 Escorts