New additions to Studio Kit!




First, the one I'm most excited about - a new-to-me Necchi industrial. I've been wanting one for so long, and finally got one! This one is about 55 years old, and being of that vintage myself, I can attest to the fineness. lol I'm going to get her running this weekend and if I don't sew my fingers to one another (this thing is F-A-S-T and strong!); I'll let you know how it goes!




Then, I added this hand-painted antique Indian credenza type thing to the studio.  It was a neighbour's and I had been coveting it for more than a decade - the only other ones I have seen were around a $1,000 so it was never in the cards for me.  But, don't give up on your dreams! My neighbour moved, and was having a contents sale. I got it for a song! It arrived in studio yesterday, along with my new sewing machine. :) It's going to provide some great storage, and look pretty too!




And finally, two planty additions on my desk - the umbrella tree on the left is a heritage plant - it was my mother's (who passed away in 1998). It was getting too big for the living room, so I moved it up to my studio. And I also got that nifty head-planter from a South African artisan. It weighs about approximately one million pounds, and at 18 inches tall and 12 inches wide, she's a large lass, but I think she's very cool.

I've also got a number of art projects on the go - some small pieces for Christmas sales (8 of them); and I think I've got a commission (discussion to be had with collector this weekend) to begin work on shortly, so as ever, Studio Kit is busy even if I forget my poor, neglected blog.

Hope you're all doing well, and I hope to talk to you soon!

Kit

Kit Lang

No comments:

Post a Comment